Well I have been tagged by my own woman to do the 7 Random things about me. Now I am told it can be 7 strange things, or 7 things I like or dislike...whatever I want. So in in keeping with the Christmas theme, I will try and tell you 7 Christmas things about me.....I then have to pick 7 of you to play along.....So here it goes.....- I like to colour coordinate my gift wrap with my decorations....I spend a lot of time wrapping my gifts....
- I collect Santa's and I am hoping to find a decorative Santa for my front doorway....
- My hubby has started a tradition of us going out into the mountain to cut down our tree...it has proven to be quite the adventure...it's going to be very interesting this year as he has his bad shoulder and I am working out the aches and pains in mine......
- I'm a bit of a control freak so I like things to just be so....well as so as they can be around Christmas....I want a Better home and garden Christmas on a beer budget
- I truly do love to give rather than receive.....I get so much joy out of watching the expression on others as they open their gifts.....I know that sounds so corny ...but it's true...as a kid I would rip and rush to open the presents just as quick as any kid...but as I've gotten older I really do appreciate the simpler things.....
- I love Christmas Eve.....way more than Christmas day.....Christmas Eve you still have the anticipation of Christmas....everything is done and it is just time to enjoy the family....we use to always get together at my brothers for Christmas Eve and do a gift exchange, it was a wonderful time...we all dressed in our Sunday best, all the nieces and nephews and cousins would be there...the house would be bursting with people....laughter,and song....oh yes Christmas Eve....so very special to me...
Oh I am just getting on a roll....and I see that I have listed 7 things......so there you have it
So tell me....what are 7 things about you that you would like to share.......
13 comments:
I can identify with most of yours, except cutting down the tree, the nearest I got to that was in last Friday's Flash 55 Fiction! :)
LOved reading your list there, girl! Good job.
Hello dear friend:-) I've been so busy lately, I'm afraid I haven't been very good at visiting everyone but today is saved up to do just that! I so enjoyed reading your answers to the meme...like you, Christmas Eve has always been my favourite time of the holidays. When you go cut down your tree, just don't do like the Griswolds and forget the saw or axe! hehe Hopefully both of you will be in shape for that excursion with your sore shoulders!! So enjoyed the pictures as well, just beautiful! xoxo
"I want a Better home and garden Christmas on a beer budget"... LOVE that!!! I'm definitely with ya on that one.
Last year, my cousin got me a fishing Santa. He is my favorite Christmas decoration ever!
I love Christmas Eve so much better than Christmas too! It's so exciting and Christmas day is so hectic.
at my blog, I've got 100 things about me.
But I like this Christmas version of it. Hmm... I might have to do it. Maybe once December rolls around
Both my SILs match their wrapping paper to their Chistmas trees. It looks really neat. But, I have a plethora of colors on my tree, so I have a plethora of colors on my wrapping paper:)
I love the Christmas lights outside. Those are my favorite part of decorating. Merry Chrismtas!
That's the front of your house? Dang, you're Mrs. Organization! LOL! Looks way cool though.
When my girls were small and my husband still alive I adored everything to do with Christmas. Now with the girls grown up and moved out and hubby gone it's just me and it's a big job to do everything by myself. But I do try to put out the ornaments and stuff so my little grandson can enjoy them (especially the windup musical ones) and today I'm decorating the tree. It's snowing here today but apparently by Tuesday or Wednesday it'll be very mild out - 12C - and the snow will be gone. Pretty to look at but makes me housebound so I'll just enjoy the weekend in doing decorating. Sorry about your shoulder (& hubby's) and hope all will be well soon.
I think I like Christmas Eve better than Christmas Day too! At least I did when I was a kid! Christmas Eve really was full of anticipation and fun. My grandma would come over and we would give her her Christmas presents. Also we (myself and two sisters) would give our Mom and Dad their gifts from us and we exchanged between us sisters too on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day was strictly for Santa!
I also bent the rules for Christmas music and decorations before December 1st. I have just really been in the Christmas Spirit since before Thanksgiving this year!
I love getting ready for Christmas.. but not too early. I'm just now starting.
I love Christmas! The apartment I share with my boyfriend isn't very Christmas-y though, as we still "go home" for the holidays and rely on our moms to "create" Christmas, so to speak ;) We are going to try though, as soon as exams are over. Maybe buy some tinsel and a few Santas!
We open our gifts on Christmas eve here in Norway. I can see the perks of doing it in the morning though, especially if one has kids: they get to open gifts when they wake up, rather than wait for most of the day on the 24th ;) I can't tell you how many times I rushed through Christmas dinner as a kid, just so I could get to open the presents quicker!
I loved your list. I too, enjoy the giving more than the getting. It truly is more blessed to give than to receive.
When I was a child, we always went to cut a tree, usually a cedar. It was a special time. Now my son and his family go to a tree farm and choose and cut one. That's a good tradition. I haven't had a live tree since I learned I am allergic to them, oh, maybe 39 years ago.
Blessings,
Mama Bear
Post a Comment