I think after yesterday, posting this just seems so appropriate.Here's a new concept, started by fellow blogger, Vic Grace, from British Columbia. As we are all aware, blogging does give us the opportunity to reach out and yes, "touch someone" by our words, pictures, links in our blogs and by our comments to fellow bloggers as well.
Think about this - in a world today that is too often filled with news of wars all over the world, fears about terrorism, following newspaper and tv news reports about crime, gangs, and you name it of all the bad things we hear about everyday, wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if we, each of us blogging in our own little space, could actually spread the word through friendship and help, through that little bit of effort, to bring people together, united in a common goal of international friendship?
If you like this concept - and who wouldn't, really - then add this badge to your sidebar, along with the link Vic has provided there. Then copy the text below and put this into a post on your blog. Follow that by tagging other bloggers to start sending this message around the world- hopefully, in less than 80 days too!
A good way for a blog to get established is to have backlinks. All you have to do is copy this post with the list of links below and add your link at the end. As others do the same we get the word out about a lot of great blogs. Eventually we may circumnavigate the globe.
That’s it, then just sit back, and watch the links grow, over time.
That's it folks! That's all you have to do to take part in the friendliest effort yet in the blogosphere!Here now are the bloggers I am tagging to help get this movement on its way.
Debo Blue at "A Blue State of Mind"
Maddie at "Whitterer on Autism"
Singing Owl at "Pastorette Ponderings"
Barb at "Skittles Place"
Mau at "It's About Time"
Jen at "Creatif"
The Meloncutter at "Meloncutter's Musings"
Sognatrice in Calabria, Italy at "Bleeding Espresso"
Keith at "10 Years Running Blind"
Dave at "Rather Than Working"
Linda at "Are We There Yet?"
Dorothy at "Overthehill Boomer Chick"
Patois at "Whee! All The Way Home"
Stine at "Mother's Home"
Smalltown RN at "A Place I Call Home"
Shelby at "Time With Shelby"
Any ApplesBoggyWoggy's CacheErika JeanMy Dogs Keep Me SaneRambling ShanRandom AutumnessThe Turtle ParadeDottie's Place
Michael C at The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile
Michael C at The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile
Jeni at "Down River Drivel"
So I am going to add a few blogs to this list;
Akelamalu

Buzzqueen
Josie
Leslie
Now, Everyone, go forth and spread the word!
8 comments:
Great idea. I'll add the symbol to my sidebar and mention it next time I post. I already posted this morning so I probably won't get the post up right away but I will get it on my sidebar right way. Take care, Carver
sounds like a wonderful idea;)
Thanks for visiting me,
I'm going to leave my response to how I found your blog on my blog and your blog since this tangled wide world web is sort of interesting, at least to me, ha. I came to your blog initially when I started reading some medblogs but I didn't bookmark your site and lost it. In the back of my head I hoped I'd find it again. I found medblogs through SaraT who I got to know through an online melanoma support group. Sometimes I check out blogs from comments in the blogs of people I get to know. Sarah sadly lost her battle with melanoma.
I had started reading a few medblogs I found through her and was touched by the support and comments from those in the medblogging community for her. Then I stumbled on Addicted to Medblogs and she totally cracked me up. I found JMB's Nobody Important Blog through Addicted to Medblogs and I found PhotoHunters through JMB. Then I rediscovered your blog, and some others that I enjoyed but forgot to bookmark from early medblog browsing, after I started participating in PhotoHunters. I may have to cut back soon on some of my blog reading as work and eating and other things may get in the way but I'm so glad to have found your blog again because I like it and I'm enjoying the PhotoHunters. Is that clear as mud, ha. Only on the wide world web. I do love how the friendship and peace initiative is trying to use that web for good goals.
Take care, Carver
Thank you Carver for that explanation...and you know what I actually understood exactly what you said....scary isn't it....I'm glad you found me again....and I guess I will see you on the Photo hunt...cheers...
You lost me in the how to add all the links is there a code on bloglines something?
Glad to see you decided to join up with Vic Grace and all the rest of us in the Warm the Globe effort. It seems to be growing quite nicely and I'm sure hoping it continues to do that too!
I'll copy over the blogs you added here to my original post where I'm trying to keep track as best I can who all is joining forces with us.
You know that old adage - I think it goes back to old Ben Franklin doesn't it -"United we stand, divided, we fall" and what better way for us to all come together and unite if not for friendship, love and PEACE!
I joined too
here
Thanks for including me.
I've tagged you - of course, no obligations...
Post a Comment