
So it's Flu season again. Today I did the first flu clinic of the season for the doctor's office. It was a busy day as always.
I couldn't believe that I have been doing the flu clinic for three years.
I really get great enjoyment out of doing the clinics. I get to see these people when they are generally healthy and happy. It's really a great time. Living in a seniors community going out to the flu clinic is a social event for them. Funny how that happens. Who would of thought that going to the doctors to get a shot in the arm would be considered a social outing, but for many that is exactly what it is.
Today I gave over 150 injections. I tell you.... if I don't know how to give a shot by the end of a day like that..I don't think I ever will. Actually, by the time I have finished doing the clinics I would have given close to 600 injections. That's a lot of people, but wonderful people.
I feel really fortunate to be able to enter into their lives if only for that brief moment. For some this is their first visit to the doctor's office since I gave them their shot last years. Now that I find amazing...how some people can go a whole year without having to visit a doctor. Good for them I say....they are doing something right. Maybe they can teach me a thing or two.
Anyhow, here is my public announcement....if you haven't t had your flu shot yet..please do, especially if you live with or have close proximity to a senior or someone who is immunocompromised....consider it your good deed for the day and year!
Stay healthy all!
12 comments:
150!!
I cringe just looking at needles.
I've never had a flu shot, ever.
I realized after your comment that many people might not know about the Senate race I was talking about. I added in a short video that explains.
I'm one of those who I suppose should get a flu shot, but I haven't done that in oh, maybe about 11-12 years at least now. I know, me bad. Truth is, I just hate needles unless there is no way to avoid the damned things.
But seriously RN, wanted to thank you for your comments on my post today. This is a huge election in the US, no doubt about it. And regardless of who wins, I do worry very much about the safety issues for both these men. I may have voted for one, but still would hate to see anything at all happen to the other,in any way, shape or form but there are so many people, on both sides of this political fence, who often do not think, or just don't think logically, safely, whatever, ya know. And, if anything were to happen to either man, I can foresee total disaster happening here then. Heck, considering how some people in this country celebrate a football win, by destroying public and private property in the name of the team gods, hard to tell how people with a mindset like that would deal or will deal perhaps I should say, once the results of this election are final.
I'm not crazy about needles but I did get my flu shot. I had a sore arm and shoulder for a couple of days but that's worth it. Next I'm getting a pneumonia shot...ciao
oh my! you've answered a question that has been on my mind for years! I've always wondered how many shots can a nurse give in a day that would not CRAMP her fingers! *laugh*
I have to get my kids in for their flu shot, especially my little one.
I've never had a flu shot.
Coffee is on.
I'm taking our residents over to get flu shots on Friday. I've never gotten my flu shot before, but if the opportunity comes up on Friday I'll probably get mine.
www.silverneurotic.weebly.com
You can only get a flu shot here if you are over 60 or vulnerable i.e. have asthma, diabetes or such. MWM had his - he's older than me! ;)
When I was teaching, I had a flu shot every year! Now I don't get one because I'm not really exposed so much. But I do think it's absolutely essential for elderly people. Kudos to you for doing your part and making the day a pleasant one for so many. :D
I'm going to check with my cancer doctor next Tuesday. Thanks for te heads up..
Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com
I know that flu shots help a lot of people. I can't take them unfortunately because of what is in them.
Karen aka marrid66
Here On Columbia Avenue
Da Boss And Bryguy
4 Cats Make Me Crazy!
I got my shot today while I was in Bellingham. I try to get one every year, but sometimes it is hard to find a place to get one. It is a great service that you do. -- Margy
Post a Comment