
Well it is a long weekend here in Canada. On Monday we celebrate Thanksgiving. Families will be busy gathering together cooking up family traditional meals and sharing all the things that they have to be thankful for.

Normally I too would be preparing or thinking about Thanksgiving dinner. Not this year. This year I work the whole weekend so I won't be cooking any turkey.....and you know what....I am ok with that. I think I will buy a turkey when they go on sale after thanksgiving and cook up a big meal then.....or maybe not. I look at it this way....look at all the calories I am saving myself....my hips will thank me for it!
So to all my Canadian friends, I wish you all good health and a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope you are able to spend time with loved ones and truly give thanks for all of your bounty.
16 comments:
Happy thanksgiving to you m'dear. Shame you are working but as you say you get out of cooking the turkey! ;)
Happy Thanksgiving to you Mary Anne;
Sorry you have to work but you are doing it for a most noble cause...caring for people...God bless you and all your colleagues and patients.
Di.x
Happy Thanks Giving to you as well!
{Hug}
~Michele~
My mom often works Thanksgiving-but we'll just celebrate it on another day. This coming Thanksgiving we'll be celebrating the weekend before. I don't think we could ever "skip" Thanksgiving.
www.silverneurotic.weebly.com
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Mary Anne, I would rather work, than cook a big meal...I never use to mind working on Thanksgiving holiday, if I could be off for Christmas...hugs, Baba
Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm cooking a turkey on Monday for us and my sisters kids...she has to work all weekend too.
Happy Thanksgiving Mary Anne.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving and god bless you and your loved ones excellent blog
Happy Thanksgiving My Friend :)
Well, see now, Thanksgiving blessings abound for you! Blessing 1 -you are working. Blessing 2, you're working on Thanksgiving so you get out of the cooking detail and Blessing 3 -best one of all though, I betcha -you get to spend a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family!
Hope it's all great!
I'm not having Thanksgiving dinner with family either. But my 2 daughters, 1 SIL, 2 g'kids are coming 'NEXT' weekend and I'm cooking an old-fashioned shepherd's pie with gravy and apple crisp for dessert. It's not the food, but the togetherness that counts and it doesn't matter when really. Regardless, Happy Thanksgiving! At least you're spending the weekend doing something noble! :D
And a Happy Thanksgiving back to you. My mother is visiting this weekend and we are having a quiet holiday at home. I'm lazy, so I'll order a dinner at our local restaurant and bring it home to enjoy. This is a special Thanksgiving for Wayne and me. It's our first one as official Canadian residents. - Margy
Mary Anne, Happy Thanksgiving, to you and your hips. LOL
My hips have a little too much pumpkin pie on them. Remember that saying, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips." *heh*
I hope you can rest now, and put your feet up!
Happy Thanksgiving! So sad, we don't celebrate as much here as you guys... so much fun and so much food! Yummy!
Post a Comment