I was tagged for this meme by Peppylady it's called "The first sentence Meme" I like to call it a year in review. You see you take the first sentence from the first post you made for each month over the past year. It was kind of fun. I didn't realize all the different things I had done over this past year....from a Polar bear swim, shoulder injury, to weddings, travelling to the interior to see friends,getting a new job, boating, many visits from family and friends, to having surgery....yes it has been a very full year and then some. I'm not going to tag anyone...but if you would like to play please do....but let me know if you do so I can come on over to read about your year in review.
January 2008 1st sentence of first post......."Well here we are January 1st 2008 the beginning of a new year and my 2nd Polar Bear swim."
February 2008 1st sentence of first post for that month........"Is anyone else having problems with Blogger? I can't seem to get my spell check or the uploading of pictures to work either yesterday or this morning......Urgh!"
I actually liked the other parts of that post when I was talking about pictures mysteriously falling....
March 2008 1 st sentence(albeit a run on sentence)of first post for the month......"This weeks theme is PARTY....oh my goodness I feel like I should be putting up banners...maybe I might...who doesn't like a good Party......growing up in a family of 12 children there was always a party, birthday parties, Halloween parties, Christmas parties, valentines parties, St. Paddy's day parties...you get the idea......we celebrated everything....oh the parties we use to have...and still do....... so when I started looking through old photos I noticed a theme..it would appear that I certainly liked parties from an early stage....I certainly liked to wear Party hats.....yes party hats....so here is my take on the theme of Party......
April 2008 1 st sentence of the first post for the month........"Well I haven't been around for a couple of days...not much to post about.."
.
May 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month......"Another week has begun....my gosh how time flies...
June 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month...."We made our way home from Kamloops via the Coquihalla Highway,the scenery is very different from the Fraser Canyon route"
July 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month..."I'm am sure we have all heard remakes of songs.
August 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month...."I finished at my old job on Saturday morning and I started a week of holidays!
September 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month......"This past weekend hubby and I had the pleasure of traveling to the mainland to participate in my nieces’
wedding."
October 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month....."Life is funny sometimes isn't it?"
November 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month....."Do you remember the Andy Griffith Show.....with Gomer, Opey and the gang?"
December 2008 1st sentence of the first post for the month....."Well here we are only two weeks away from Christmas"
5 comments:
As memes go, I am generally pretty much a stick in the mud and usually don't do them. But this one -hmmm -interesting, veddy interesting and I may have to steal it and use it for a post for the New Year!
A polar bear swim, huh? Boy, that should jump start the old ticker there for sure! I think I'd be afraid to try that for fear the shock might put me into cardiac arrest, big time!
Peace, my friend and have a very Happy New Year!
Wow! this is a cool meme! Can I take it away? *wink* I will do it after I wake up... cos' its 1.55am over here now! *wink* So do check over at my side ok?
I like this too. If I do it I'll come back and let you know.
I'm so glad you're recovering well enough to want to swim and that the new baby are doing well.
Thanks for the review of 08 and best to you in 09.
I went through my blog doing this but decided it was way too boring to publish!!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment